The Media Planner is an integral member of the media team, overseeing the creation of communication frameworks that deliver against client goals, trafficking creative, managing optimizations and providing actionable insights in reporting. In addition to supporting a specific roster of clients, the Media Planner will continue to grow their media chops, ultimately working to become an expert in traditional and digital media strategy and execution.
KC’s Media Planner has a strong understanding of the digital media landscape. They are passionate about media and are motivated to drive results for their clients. They are a persuasive storyteller, focused on business outcomes, not just media KPIs. They are a critical thinker who is solution oriented. They are proficient in media platforms, such as Amazon DSP, Amazon Campaign Manager, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Paid Social, The Trade Desk, etc. and aren’t afraid to learn new platforms and/or tools.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
- Develop tactical and testing recommendations based on approved communication framework and strategy
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behavior and media habits
- Execute decisions on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns
- Clearly defining program objectives, tactics and KPIs
- Vet, and partner with, new vendors, e.g., media publications, measurement software, etc.
- Create campaign architecture and traffic campaigns in platforms including, but not limited to, Amazon, Facebook, The Trade Desk and Google Ads
- Lead day-to-day management of client programs:
- Manage client/campaign budgets and pacing over year/flights
- Monitor campaign activity for delivery, ad quality and performance
- Manage troubleshooting related to campaign, ad serving, creative, or operational issues
- Analyze campaign data to provide meaningful and actionable insights
- Identify optimization opportunities to implement on an ongoing basis
- Effectively manage client relationship and establish trust and credibility
- Self-motivated: Persistence is at your core and you set your own internal goals and objectives
- Sound judgement: Making wise decisions and identifying root causes of issues. Thinking strategically and separating what is a priority
- Good communicator: Being a good listener, concise and articulate
- Impact Maker: You like to make a difference and inspire and mentor others and focus on strong performance over process
- Innovative: You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better solutions
- Have courage: You say what you think and take smart risks. Stand up for yourself and KC
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant media role, with expansive knowledge of traditional and digital media channels
- Familiarity with campaign evaluation metrics and media buying
- Working knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Sellics, SpyFu/ SEMrush, GWI, MRI Simmons, MOAT, Nielsen IMS, Pathmatics)
- Great teammate
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; able to problem solve
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and drive efforts from start to finish